Nose Surgery (Rhinoplasty) in Beverly Hills, CA
Nose Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
How can rhinoplasty improve my nose?
Rhinoplasty is one of the most popular procedures at our plastic surgery clinic because of its ability to improve facial harmony. With nose surgery, Dr. Charles Lee can effectively achieve the following:
- Reduce the overall size/width of the nose
- Smooth out bumps and/or depressions on the bridge of the nose
- Narrow (or raise) the bridge of the nose
- Change the size or shape of the tip of the nose
- Widen or narrow the size of the nostrils
- Adjust the angle between the nose and upper lip
- Straighten the septum to improve breathing
Open / Closed Rhinoplasty Beverly Hills
- Performed under general anesthesia
- Incision is made across the columella under the nose
- Allows the most visibility for the surgeon during the procedure
- Performed under either intravenous sedation or general anesthesia
- Incisions are made on the inside of the nose
- Shorter surgical and recovery time
Will I have any pain or discomfort during the rhinoplasty procedure?
No. Anesthesia is administered throughout the entire procedure, so patients do not have to worry about feeling any pain or discomfort during surgery.
How long does nose surgery take to complete?
Nose surgery generally takes two to three hours to perform, although the exact amount of time needed for surgery will depend on the specific corrections that need to be made.
Will I be able to go home after the surgery is complete?
Rhinoplasty is usually performed on an outpatient basis. However, because you will still be under the effects of anesthesia after surgery, you will need someone to drive you home.
Will rhinoplasty leave scarring?
Surgical procedures that require incisions generally leave some extent of scarring. However, incisions will be placed inside the nose or on the columella between the nostrils to ensure scarring is as inconspicuous as possible. If a rib graft is required, the incision is hidden in the breast crease.
When will the stitches be removed?
Stitches are typically removed six or seven days after surgery.
How long does it take to recover from rhinoplasty?
Most patients will need about one week of downtime to recover from rhinoplasty, after which time they generally feel good enough to return to work. However, strenuous exercises and physical activities should be avoided until after your surgeon determines that your nose has healed properly at a follow-up appointment.
When can I expect to see results?
The results of nose surgery will become more evident as swelling goes down over the coming weeks and months. It may take up to a year to see the final results of your rhinoplasty.